Try these ideas:
1. Add more light. Light is one of the easiest ways to boost your mood. Increase the amount of light in a room by opening blinds and curtains. White blinds and curtains reflect the light.
2. Choose bright and cheerful paint colors. You may be creating drama with dark brown or black paint, but it won’t help your mood.
· Dark colors aren’t the only issue because neutrals can also be dreary. Brighter colors like yellow, pink, blue, and green can freshen up a room and give it an instant lift. Your mood will also benefit from the change.
3. Add happy artwork. Edvard Munch’s “The Scream” isn’t the type of artwork that lifts moods. Select art that makes you feel happy. Images of beautiful landscapes, animals, and abstract designs are popular choices. You can also frame your children’s artwork as a reminder of the joy they bring into your life.
4. Add flowers. Fresh flowers are preferred and will also add a nice fragrance to a room. However, they’re not the only option. Silk flowers come in a variety of realistic choices and can instantly brighten a room.
5. Rearrange or replace decorations. Does the vase from your aunt make you want to cry? Do you wish your decorations could get an upgrade?
· Changing the decorations in your home can help you lift your mood. Replace old and hated objects or rearrange other items. Even a simple pillow swap for new pillows can make you feel better.
6. Get rid of clutter. Clutter can weigh you down emotionally and negatively influence your mood, even if you think you don’t notice it. If you clean your house and eliminate clutter, you’ll notice a big emotional change. Consider new storage ideas, such as bins under your bed, to prevent clutter from reappearing.
7. Work with fragrance. If you don’t have allergies, then you can use fragrance for a positive change.
· Essential oils are one way to brighten your mood and modify the ambience in a room.
· Citrus oils like grapefruit and orange are linked to happier moods. Mint oils, such as peppermint, also have a similar effect. You can spray a small amount of the essential oils in the air to create a lasting impact. You can also add oils to a burner for another way to add fragrance.
8. Add more pictures of your family and friends. If seeing an image of your loved ones instantly makes you smile, then consider adding more of their pictures to your home.
· The refrigerator and fireplace mantel aren’t the only locations you can display pictures of your friends and family. You can add their photos to the walls, coffee tables, and side tables.
9. Remove a wall. If a wall is preventing one of the rooms from getting adequate light, then removing it can help you feel better.
Uplift your mood by making simple changes around your home. You’ll notice a difference in how you feel almost immediately.