As the weather outside begins to change, it’s easy to give
in to the heavy comfort foods and relaxation that come with the impending
autumn. But, it’s imperative that we continue to make our health and wellness a
priority as the days get shorter and the nights longer.
Your body is well equipped to keep itself in tip top shape,
as long as you give it the right nourishment.
Remember, food is medicine.
Here is a delicious, detoxifying, and immune-boosting salad
+ dressing recipe to keep in your back pocket as we enter into autumn. It’s
nutrient-packed, easy on the digestion and will help purify your system.
Cleansing Kale Salad Recipe
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- A pinch of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon of salt
For the salad:
- 2 cups kale (chopped)
- 2 cups red cabbage (shredded)
- 2 cups broccoli (chopped)
- 2 carrots (shredded)
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 2 avocados (diced)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1) Add all dressing ingredients to a medium sized blender
and process until the contents are fully integrated.
2) Slice up all the veggies and herbs, per the instructions above.
3) Put everything into a salad bowl and toss it together.
This lemon ginger dressing alone is potent medicine that
resets your immune response, modulates mood and boosts your digestive system.
But, the added benefits from the nutrient-dense leafy greens give you the
vitamins and trace-minerals that you need to function optimally..