Skip to content
Immune-boosting smoothie recipe
Support your immune system
From our friends at Veg Health
We all want to support our immune systems and overall health during this stressful time. And eating nutrient-packed, plant-based foods is one of the best ways to do that!
At the same time, grocery shopping is a bit more challenging than usual right now. And you may not be up for elaborate recipes with everything else going on.
We wanted to share an immune-boosting recipe that is easy to shop for and make!
This smoothie bowl is chock full of nutrients to support a strong immune system and protect your adrenal glands!
Mangos – contains vitamin C and polyphenols, which can help reduce cell damage
Bananas – rich in several kinds of potent antioxidants
Kale – packed with vitamin C and anti-inflammatory and anti-viral flavonoids
Turmeric – a powerful anti-inflammatory and strong antioxidant
Dates – contain polyphenols that modulate specific immune cell activities
Best of all, the ingredients are all either non-perishable or frozen, aside from the dates, and those last 1-2 months.
You can stock up on supplies once and enjoy this yummy smoothie for the next several weeks.
Coconut Mango Super Immunity Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh kale
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- shredded coconut
- hemp seeds
- Combine all smoothie ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth (it will be noisy while blending up the frozen fruit!)
- Put smoothie into a bowl, and add toppings
Substitutions and variations (if you have difficulty finding any of the ingredients, here are some swaps, and some additions to try):
- Mango or banana – frozen pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries
- Kale – any other leafy green of choice, fresh or frozen
- Dates – maple syrup or blackstrap molasses
- Superfoods – add cacao nibs, spirulina, sprouts, ginger, or any other super food!
- Flavoring – try adding 1 tsp vanilla extract
Publisher and Founder of r Healthy Living Solutions, LLC, Supplier of Healthy Living information and products to improve
- Macro-plate recipe to boost gut health
- Learn to love dandelions