This smoothie bowl is chock full of nutrients to support a strong immune system and protect your adrenal glands!
Mangos – contains vitamin C and polyphenols, which can help reduce cell damage
Bananas – rich in several kinds of potent antioxidants
Kale – packed with vitamin C and anti-inflammatory and anti-viral flavonoids
Turmeric – a powerful anti-inflammatory and strong antioxidant
Dates – contain polyphenols that modulate specific immune cell activities
Best of all, the ingredients are all either non-perishable or frozen, aside from the dates, and those last 1-2 months.
You can stock up on supplies once and enjoy this yummy smoothie for the next several weeks.
Coconut Mango Super Immunity Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh kale
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- shredded coconut
- hemp seeds
- Combine all smoothie ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth (it will be noisy while blending up the frozen fruit!)
- Put smoothie into a bowl, and add toppings
Substitutions and variations (if you have difficulty finding any of the ingredients, here are some swaps, and some additions to try):
- Mango or banana – frozen pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries
- Kale – any other leafy green of choice, fresh or frozen
- Dates – maple syrup or blackstrap molasses
- Superfoods – add cacao nibs, spirulina, sprouts, ginger, or any other super food!
- Flavoring – try adding 1 tsp vanilla extract