Learn to recognize these mental blocks:
1. Your self-doubt is limiting your ability to take action. The most successful people tend to overestimate their abilities at first. However, studies have shown that these same people eventually grow to meet their expectations. Have the courage to believe that you are capable. You’ll ultimately prove yourself correct.
· Also consider that the most pessimistic of people are the most accurate when assessing their skill at a new task. They also finish behind all other groups in the long term. Be optimistic and you’ll come out ahead.
2. You refuse to get or accept help from others. Life is too short to gain the necessary knowledge and perform every task yourself. You can find others that have already been successful in your field of choice. Seek these experts out and get the help you require.
3. You think you lack the necessary education. The percentage of highly successful people who failed to complete high school is staggering. While a lack of education can prevent you from becoming a brain surgeon, it’s possible you already have all the education you require to be successful in other endeavors.
4. You think your competitors are better than you are. Studies have shown that we tend to underestimate ourselves and overestimate others. Consider the fact that you might be giving your competition more credit than they deserve! Examine your competition and improve upon their efforts. Otherwise, ignore them and get busy.
5. You believe that your goals aren’t achievable. If you’re sure you can’t be successful, you’ll never get started. Be objective with your goals. Are they really too challenging? Or are you failing to believe in your capabilities sufficiently?
· It might be worthwhile to scale back your goals slightly until you feel more confident. You can always grow into your goals in the future.
6. You’re afraid to see your truth. It’s possible you’re nervous about discovering your shortcomings. It’s easy to maintain a little hope if you stay on the sidelines. After all, maybe you really do have what it takes. You haven’t done anything to prove yourself wrong yet.
· Try your best and see what happens. You’re unlikely to be successful on the first attempt anyway. However, the second attempt will be better than the first. The third will be even more effective. Continue until you’ve attained success.
7. You believe that you lack the necessary time and money. Convenient excuses are tools of those that lack commitment. Successful people have started from every possible starting point. Some were wealthy. Others were very poor and had to work multiple jobs just to eat.
· You can get started without financial resources.
· You can find time if you desire to do so.
Mental blocks are common, but you’ll notice that your most successful acquaintances have the fewest mental blocks. You have a powerful ability to succeed if you can enhance your mental state. Examine yourself for the most common success blockers. Once you’re able to recognize them, you’re able to address them.